Saturday, July 9, 2016

June Recap and July Blogging Goals


I am super excited about this months recap and goals because it is the first one I will be doing in my first blogging collab ever! Angela of The Clutter Box Blog and Jazmine of Fairy Lights and Dreams created a Monthly Goal Collaboration and I am so grateful to be one of the bloggers contributing this month. Now onto the recap of last month and my future blogging goals!

June Blogging Goals
Instagram: Reach 135 followers
Post to Instagram at least three times a week
Twitter: Reach 105 followers
Facebook: Reach 80 likes
Pinterest: Reach 170 followers
Reach 2,500 pins on Pinterest
Page views {for the month}: 500
Post twice a week to the blog
Use an editorial calendar to plan out posts

In my June goals I had set 9 goals for myself. While I only met four of them, I'm still happy with my progress! I spent a lot of time this month focusing on Twitter and Pinterest, which is probably why I was able to achieve the goals I set in those particular areas. Instagram has been a challenge for me because I always forget to post or feel like I never have any good pictures to put up! I'll definitely be working in that platform a lot for the month of July. 


Setting my page views goal to 500 was a bit of a stretch, and I knew that when I set the goal at the beginning of the month. I reached 397 which is a great number in my mind! I keep having to remind myself that I'm new to the blogging world {it hasn't even been 6 months} so it is okay that my numbers are relatively low.

As part of the collab we are also discussing our highs and lows for the previous month. For June my high was being part of my first #BloggingCollege twitter chat! I've never been part of a twitter chat before and it was a lot of fun. There were so many other amazing bloggers that I was able to connect with and I am already looking forward to the next one. My low was probably the fact that I didn't get around to posting as much content as I had hoped. I'm blaming this on the fact that I didn't stick to my goal of creating an editorial calendar. Once I do this I think I will be able to really stick to a strong schedule and consistently get some great posts out!

July Blogging Goals
Instagram: Reach 135 followers
Post to Instagram at least three times a week
Twitter:Reach 135 followers
Facebook: Reach 90 likes
Pinterest: Reach 185 followers
Reach 3,000 pins on Pinterest
Page views {for the month}: 500
Post twice a week to the blog
Use an editorial calendar to plan out July's posts
Add Bloglovin link to all old posts



Don't forget to check out some of the other lovely ladies who are working on this collab!

8 comments:

  1. You have some awesome blogging goals for the month!! Are you in any facebook prompting groups?? Those have helped me grow so much over the past few months!! Good luck on your goals!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angela!! I am part of two blogging groups on Facebook which have helped me so much! Do you have any that you would recommend?

      --Kellie

      Delete
  2. Growing in social media is hard. Good luck with that. Like Angela said - finding a FB group has really helped improve my stats throughout these last few months.
    One of my favourites is Show your blog love. But there are a whole bunch - you just need to find the right one for you. Especially going through and doing the links per day. Plus it's a good way to get to know more bloggers.

    Good luck with your goals. May you reach every single one of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never realized how hard it would be to grow a social media following until creating this blog! I agree that the Facebook groups are great because I am getting to know so many other great bloggers!

      --Kellie

      Delete
  3. Having an editorial calendar makes a huge difference and helps me to stay on track with posting as often as I want, too. It also helps me to not run out of ideas. I'm sure making one for In an Organized Fashion will help you grow your blog, too! Good luck!

    - Courtney
    courtneylthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just started creating one and I already have noticed a huge difference in how I approach blogging! I am a lot more organized and it makes me stay on track!

      --Kellie

      Delete
  4. Twitter chats can be so fun and it can also help connecting with bloggers. Each week it's good to focus on one platform to try to build and what needs improving. Good luck with your blogging goals this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I would love Twitter chats as much as I did! That's a really good idea to focus on a particular platform each week- that will be something I should start working on!

      --Kellie

      Delete