Monday, July 18, 2016

Urban Decay X Gwen Stefani Palette



Urban Decay has always been one of the luxury brands that i've dreamed of owning products from. With all of the time I spend watching YouTube videos on makeup i've come to realize what quality products the company produces. That's why when I saw that the UD | GWEN STEFANI palette was on sale for only $25 I knew I had to run to my local Ulta and get myself one.

The palette originally was released for a retail price of $58 and was released on November 22, 2015. I had seen a few reviews of the palette when it was first released but didn't plan on paying that much. Even though I love makeup I still can't justify some of the price tags that come with the higher end products. 

That's why I was so excited when I saw that the everything from the Urban Decay and Gwen Stefani collaboration had gone on sale. I also knew that the items would be snatched up quickly because they were being sold as such a great price. Luckily I was able to get to Ulta before they ran out!


The palette features 15 shades that are surprisingly perfect for everyday wear. When thinking about Gwen Stefani I tend to think about more dramatic makeup looks. Of course there are some colors in here that are a little out of my comfort zone {that pink and blue} but the majority of colors are quite neutral. The pigmentation is wonderful and all of the shadows {even the mattes!} are soft and buttery. There is only one shadow in the entire palette that I am not impressed with, Pop, because it is so glittery that there is very little color pigmentation and a lot of fallout. 

Lately i've been using this palette every single day and can get such a beautiful look using only shades from here! I start with Anaheim in the crease and then deepen the outer corner up with a little bit of Zone. To add some shine to the look I put Baby all over the lid and then use Skimp as a brow and inner corner highlight. It's so easy yet looks so wonderful.

While the palette is now sold out at Ulta you can still get it from Sephora and the Urban Decay website. It's well worth $25 and I would highly recommend it! Plus you even get a nice little sampler of four of the lipsticks that came out with the Gwen Stefani collaboration. It was a nice surprise to find inside of the box.



Do you have this palette? If so what is your go-to look when you use it?

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking into this palette although I didn't buy I'm glad you love it and look forward to seeing more UD reviews!

    Corsica | Kisses From Carolina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love! I am so glad I got it and would recommend it! Since it's only $25 it's so worth it in my opinion!

      --Kellie

      Delete