Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Wishful Wednesday: Melissa Shoes


I recently discovered the Melissa shoe brand thanks to a new summer job. I immediately noticed how adorable the shoes were, and was then shocked to learn that this company has been a pioneer in the jelly shoes industry {talk about a flashback}! The shoes are all hypoallergenic and are 100% recyclable, not to mention each one is scented like bubble gum! The company has worked on collaborations with various high profile talent such as Karl Lagerfeld, Vivienne Westwood, Jason Wu, Jeremy Scott, and more.


If I could only have one pair of shoes from this company it would probably be these. I can picture so many different ways to wear these; both casual and a bit more dressed up. {They come in quite a few other colors including a gorgeous pastel pink}. The thick straps by the toes and the cute ankle strap are great, plus the heel is just chunky enough that it's both comfortable and cute



I'm a big fan of wedges and believe You can never have enough pairs! These are a great staple item because they are a classic style with some fun detail thanks to the adorable bow on the front. Whenever I see bows on anything I immediately am reminded of Kate Spade {which i love}.The peep toe also adds a nice effect and helps break the shoe up.




This would be the perfect everyday sandal! The colors are perfect because it would match just about everything. Plus I find the bow detail adorable, like I mentioned above bows remind me of Kate Spade! I know that I personally would wear this shoe constantly- so easy to slip on and head out the door. {Check out the fun pink and orange combo the shoe comes in as well!}




This season it seems like tassels are everywhere, and it's a trend that i'm loving! It's such a fun way to spice up a simple shoe or piece of clothing. Like the Melissa Garota this is a slip on and go type of sandal. I love it and could picture it being worn with so many different looks- everything from jeans to a sundress.




Can we take a moment to appreciate the beauty of the tortoiseshell print. This shoe is different from anything I've really seen this season. The print with the black and the gold adds a great contrast and creates a shoe that can hold its own. I'd love to throw these on with my favorite black t-shirt dress for a cute and comfy look.




No comments:

Post a Comment