Friday, June 24, 2016

What I Wore: StyleWeek SWIM

Back in March I had posted a recap of the twelfth season of StyleWeek, a company that I interned for. A few weekends ago we had our last show that will take place for a while, StyleWeek SWIM. It was my fourth show with the company and it was just as exciting as any of the others. Unlike the regular StyleWeek shows which last a week, SWIM is a one-day event that takes place on the rooftop of the Providence G. The designers featured for the event were Elan Rose, GypsetGirl, Jeffrey Dickerson, La Fille Colette, Jess Abernethy, and Jonathan Joseph Peters.

For the past three seasons I wore outfits consisting of almost all black for every single show. It started off that I was required to wear black as an intern, but eventually I just found myself getting into the habit. It was so easy to find an all black outfit to wear, and in the end I was so busy helping make sure things ran smoothly that I wasn't too worried with what exactly I was wearing. For SWIM though I decided that I needed something colorful since the collections being shown were resort 2016.



I've been really loving the cobalt blue color at the moment, so I was thrilled when I found this dress {similar} for the occasion. While in the store I found these great Tahari nude pumps on sale {similar} and figured they would go look great with the outfit. For accessories I added my Kent Stetson Calypso Clutch and some gold dangle earrings {similar}. I am so happy with how the overall look came out. The cut of the dress made me feel very sophisticated and I felt so confident wearing it.

I would also like to give a special thank you to my beautiful mom for attending! I was so happy that she was able to come and experience what exactly StyleWeek is. She also played the part of blog photographer for me, taking pictures during the shows and of my outfit. I've included a few pictures she was able to snap of some of the models below.










2 comments:

  1. love your blue dress!! You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angela! I just can't get enough of that color blue this season!

      Delete