Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My First Project Pan!


Over the years I have accumulated an unreal amount of products; makeup, lotions, hair products, soaps…. The list goes on and on!
For 2016 one of my resolutions is to use up the products I have before I buy more. This will help keep the amount of clutter and stuff I have to a minimum. It’s unbelievable how much you can accumulate without even knowing it!

While I do have a “master list” of products that I would like to use up throughout the entire year of 2016, I thought a fun way to break it up would be to do a few project pans! For those of you who are not familiar with project pan, you pick a number of items that you would like to try and finish within a set time frame. For my first project pan, I chose 15 products. I would like to finish these all within 3 months (by April 25, 2016). Some of the products are gimme’s, because I am very close to being finished with them. However, I decided to include those products because I think it will help motivate me to keep going because I know that I can finish these products easily.

Now onto the products I would like to finish up!

Rimmel London BB Cream, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, and Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer

1. Rimmel London BB Cream
            I have only used this product a handful of times. The color isn’t a perfect match, it’s a little darker than my skin color, but since it’s a beauty balm it doesn’t look bad.

2. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
            There is barely any product left in here, but I only use a few dots of this concealer each time I apply it. Typically, I use it for blemishes or if my under eye circles are really bad. I absolutely love this concealer though and already have a backup for when I run out (which will be very soon).

3. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer
            This is a miracle product. I have horrible dark under eyes and this product helps to brighten that area so much. I have the illuminator shade and have quickly become addicted.

L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition Mascara, Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara, Lancome Lash Primer
Elf Eyeshadow Kit, and NYX Natural Eye Shadow Palette

4. L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition Mascara
            When I first got this I absolutely hated it. It was way too messy so I set it aside for a few weeks. When I tried it again I fell in love. I think it just had to dry up a little bit. Either way i'm going to be sad when this one goes, which will be soon because it's starting to get old.

5. Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara
            I honestly have no opinion about this mascara. Doesn't work well, but it isn't terrible either. I just want to use it up because it's starting to get old.

6. Lancome Lash Primer
            This was a sample from a purchase my mom made (thanks mom!) and I really enjoyed it! I saw a noticeable difference in the length of my lashes each time I used it. Same story as the other two mascaras though, it's starting to get old.

7. Elf Eyebrow Kit

            Recently rediscovered this and love it. I can’t quite remember how old this is so I want to try and use it up while it’s still good. I’m only trying to use up the gel side of the kit because I don't really see any difference when I use the powder. 

8. NYX Natural Eyeshadow Palette
            I use this every single day that I do my makeup. It's amazing quality, a great price, and the colors are perfect for my everyday needs. The only shade in this palette i'm not trying to use up is the yellow shimmery color. 

Here is a picture of my Elf eyebrow kit and NYX palette so that you can see how much product I have to use!

Elf Eyeshadow Kit
NYX Natural Eyeshadow Palette



Nivea Lip Balm and Bite Beauty Lipstick in "Fig"

9. Nivea A Kiss of Milk and Honey Soothing Lip Care
            I have so many chapsticks and lip balms I want to go through that I figured this would be a good one to start with. 

10. Bite Beauty Luminous Cream Lipstick in "Fig"
            This is one of my higher end beauty items, and I absolutely love it! It's a double ended lipstick, but i'm only working on the one side for this project pan. The color is beautiful and I really enjoy wearing it at the moment.

To measure my progress on lip products I will be marking them on this paper!


11. Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover
            A good product that gets the job done, I'm so close to finishing it though that I figured i'd throw it in here!

12. Vaseline Healthy Hand & Nail Cream
            With the winter in full force i'm using hand cream like crazy. Since I have so many in my collection I decided to choose a single one to focus on. I'm hoping this method will help me work through the lotions (rather than having 4 half-opened ones...)

13. Lancome High Resolution Night
            Another sample thanks to my mom! This stuff is great, I love using it at night and it really does help moisturize my face.

14. Kate Spade "Live Colorfully" Perfume Sample
            I only have about a million perfume samples, I just randomly picked two to start working my way through.

15. Calvin Klein "Euphoria" Perfume Sample
           Same reason as the Kate Spade one. 


Wish me luck as I work my way through these products! I plan on posting updates every 2-3 weeks.





No comments:

Post a Comment