Friday, January 22, 2016

Hit or Miss: Taylor Swift's Fashion Line

We've all been waiting to get a peak at the fashion line being created by Taylor Swift, and the line is finally here! On January 18th the line was shown at Hong Kong Fashion Week, and unfortunately I felt a little let down.

Photo from Teen Vogue

What really left me confused was how sayings like "Taylor Swift" or "Shake It Off" are plastered all over them. The graphics just reminded me of getting t-shirts from concerts and the days when you had to have "Abercrombie & Fitch" written on every clothing item you owned. The overall silhouettes and styles of the clothing were great, I just feel like the graphics took the entire line down a notch. 

What I do love from this line is the all black look (inspired by the bad blood video perhaps?), as well as the mini-skirt overalls, and the black scalloped skirt. I think these looks were spot on with what people are wearing at the moment. I know that if given the opportunity I would love to rock those three looks.

As of now, the line is exclusively sold in China, but knowing Taylor and her success i'm sure this line will blow up all over the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment