Friday, December 2, 2016

November Recap and December Blogging Goals


It's finally December! Time to break out the Christmas decorations and get into the holiday spirit. November is quite a busy month with it being the end of the fall trimester {aka projects and finals for days...} but I was still able to accomplish almost all of the goals that I set for the month. 

November Goals:
Instagram: Reach 250 followers
Comment on 20 Instagram photos
Twitter: Reach 330 followers
Participate in at least 1 Twitter chat
Page Views {for the month}: 250
Post at least 4 times to the blog

I'm really glad that I set the goal to comment on at least 20 Instagram photos. I always like other peoples photos but have a bad habit of never commenting. I realized how much I love when others take the time to leave a comment on my own photos so I decided to spread the love. 

High: Not only was I able to get my page views up from where they've been recently, but I got the highest number of page views i've ever had in a month! Since heading back to school I haven't been posting quite as frequently, but i'm working on getting back there. Watching those page views increase was great because it's really helped motivate me to get back into blogging consistently. It was also so fun participating in the #BloggingCollege twitter chat! Over the summer I did a few of these chats but I kind of fell off that wagon in that area. It was so good to get back to it. All of the girls are so nice and it left me feeling inspired and ready to get stuff done! 

Low: With finals week occurring at the end of November I had to put blogging on the back burner for longer than I would have liked. I was hoping to get at least four posts up this month but I didn't quite reach that. However I was able to spend some time brainstorming content for the upcoming months!

December Goals:
Instagram: Reach 300 followers
Twitter: Reach 375 followers
Page Views {for the month}: 350
Comment on at least 15 blog posts
Post at least 4 times to the blog
Upload an outfit post {aka take pictures for my an outfit post}

For December i'm just working on keeping the momentum going! I feel like i'm {slowly} growing In An Organized fashion into the blog that I want it to be. The most important thing is learning to balance this with the rest of my commitments. It was so much easier writing posts throughout the summer when I didn't have the responsibilities that come with school.

My main goal this month is to take pictures for an outfit post. I'm not the most comfortable person in front of a camera and don't have anyone to take pictures for me at the moment so i've been putting it off. I plan on investing in a tripod and either taking them myself or asking my root to do it for me. Any suggestions? I'd love to hear any tips or pieces of advice you may have for taking outfit pictures for your blog!

What are your goals for the Holiday season? Don't forget to check out the goals that all of these lovely ladies are working to accomplish for the month of December!

1 comment:

  1. Commenting on Instagram is always so beneficial for you and for others! I wish it was easier to do but it's so nice to have comments! You had a great November! Love your December goals! Can't wait to see how your month goes!

    ReplyDelete