Thursday, August 25, 2016

Fall Dresses under 50


This summer i've been all about dresses. I just love how easy they are to thrown on and go while still looking presentable. When I was going through all of my clothes to pack up for school I realized that almost all of my dresses are meant for spring or summer. I wanted to find a few pieces that will work as the seasons shift from summer to fall. There were so many cute ones on the market but I narrowed them down to my favorite styles- the denim dress, cold shoulder dress, shirtdress, and anything olive, burgundy, or striped! To make it even better all of these dresses are under $50! I know with my college budget I don't spend a ton of money on dresses or clothing pieces in general. That's why I am so excited to share these cute and trendy pieces with you that are super affordable. 

1. Vero Moda Denim Dress // $46.00
3. Chambray Shift Dress // $19.90

Denim {or chambray} dresses might just be my favorite look for transitioning into fall or the colder months. There is something about the look that is so laid back and effortless. I had such a hard time narrowing down my favorites for this category but I can honestly say that I love the look of these three options.

I love how all of these options work for the upcoming fall months but can easily be worn right now. For nights, or days, where the weather is a bit cooler you can throw one of these on with a great pair of sandals or wedges. To transition them to fall you can add some thigh high socks {like the ones you can see peeking out in the third option} and boots or booties. My favorite way to style this dress would be with some tights, riding boots, and a cozy cardigan.


Over the past few months i've noticed that when i'm out shopping I gravitate towards this rich burgundy color. I personally am a fan of darker and muted colors so this fits in perfectly with my existing closet. While this color isn't the best for the warmer summer months it will work for fall and winter which is great because you can get a lot of use out of it! 

My favorite out of these three dresses is the first option with the adorable sleeve detail. For a date night look I would love to pair this dress with gold jewelry because I think it would really pop against the color! I love this statement necklace from Loft and think it would look great with the neckline of this dress. Add some nude pumps and you are set to go!


The cold shoulder look was huge this year and from the looks of it will be big again this coming fall. I love the long sleeve options that are popping up on the market because they are so practical for the cold weather that lies ahead {it's sad but true!} I love these three options because I think they show how versatile the style can be depending on the color and type of sleeves the dress has.

The color of the second dress is one of my favorite colors at the moment but I think the first dress option is something that I would live in throughout the fall. It reminds me of t-shirt style dresses which have been some of my favorite this summer. I really like the short booties that are paired with the dress in the picture but think the dress would also look great with some tights, boots, and {once again} a great statement necklace. 

2. Striped T-Shirt Dress // $12.90

I love a good stripe, it is such a classic and timeless pattern. My favorite striped dress at the moment is actually the second one pictured above. I got it a few weeks ago and have worn it once a week since! It is so soft, comfortable, and breezy making it the perfect option in my opinion. I also love how the color is perfect for transitioning into fall.

My favorite way to wear a striped dress in the fall is underneath a solid colored cardigan. I can't wait to wear the middle option with a cozy black cardigan and some tights and boots. Until then i've been pairing it with either my Jack Rogers sandals or white converse and it looks great every time!


Shirtdresses are the best in my opinion because they you can eat huge meals and no one can tell {there is nothing worse than eating dinner in a tight dress...}! My favorite pattern for fall is the plaid/buffalo check that you see on the third dress. If that isn't quite your style you could always go for a great floral print or solid color in a rich tone like the navy blue one above.

I love how this style of dress looks when paired with a felt hat like you can see pictured on the model in the middle. Add some heeled booties and it is a picture perfect look! Once again these dresses look great worn right now with some chunky heeled sandals or even a pair of converse {they are my favorite way to dress down a look}.

2. Faux Suede Mini Dress // $14.90

This deep olive color is one of my favorites at the moment. I was shopping with my sister the other day and when we went to the fitting rooms she laughed and pointed out that almost everything I was trying on was this exact color. While I will wear this color year round I think it is perfect for the fall because it is very rich yet still muted.

I've been seeing the faux suede dresses everywhere so I was thrilled to see they had it in olive green {might have to stop by a Forever 21 for this...}. I actually have the necklace pictured on the model above and think it looks great with the outfit. To make this fall appropriate I would throw on a jean jacket and wear a pair of either camel or tan booties.


I hope you enjoyed this post, I know I loved putting it together for all of you! What is your favorite style dress to wear during the fall season?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment: