Monday, August 1, 2016

Simple & Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl


The other week I was on Pinterest when I saw a post about this Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl from Simple Vegan Blog. I had never had a smoothie bowl before but am I huge fan of regular smoothies! That's why I was so excited to see how easy {and delicious} this recipe was.

The first time I made this I followed the recipe exactly. It was good but there was way too much for just me {it made two servings}. This time I decided to not only cut the recipe in half but to add a few minor changes.


Instead of using regular peanut butter, like the recipe called for, I used PBFit. If you've never used PBFit before I highly recommend trying it. It's basically a peanut butter powder which makes it so easy to add to smoothies- no sticky mess! I also added chia seeds to add a bit of texture to the smoothie itself.

For my toppings I chose some banana slices, unsweetened coconut flakes, and melted peanut butter. The melted peanut butter was the best topping I could have added! I put a small bowl of peanut butter in the microwave for 40 seconds and immediately drizzled it over the smoothie bowl. It was so creamy and warm when mixed in with everything.


In the end I really enjoyed making this! I'm not someone who enjoys to cook or bake so this was a great easy thing to whip up. I've had it for lunch a few times because it is surprisingly filling. Once I get back to school i'm thinking this might make a good breakfast.

I'm also hoping to try out more simple and easy recipes in the future! I am a vegetarian {for the most part} so I think it could be interesting for those of you who have similar diets to see what meals are not too challenging to make yet still delicious. 



Let me know if you try this recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment