Friday, August 5, 2016

July Recap and August Blogging Goals


I can't believe that another month has already flown by! July was a month filled with lots of work and assignments for school. While I didn't get to dedicate quite as much time to blogging as I would have liked i'm still excited to recap the month of July and share my blogging goals for the month of August as part of the Blogger Goal Collaboration.

July Goals
Instagram: Reach 135 followers
Post to Instagram at least three times a week
Twitter: Reach 135 followers
Facebook: Reach 90 likes
Pinterest: Reach 185 followers
Reach 3,000 pins on Pinterest
Page views {for the month}: 500
Post twice a week to the blog
Use an editorial calendar to plan out July's posts
Add Bloglovin link to all old posts

I feel like I had such a successful month! The fact that I was able to reach 7 out of 10 goals is pretty great in my opinion! I'm still not quite where I would like to be but am making great progress.

A major high for me this month was seeing my social media followers grow! Not only did I surpass my goal numbers (by quite a bit!) but I was able to reach over 100 likes on my Facebook page and over 200 followers on Twitter!! To some bloggers that may seem like nothing, but it's very exciting for me to see how much i've been able to grow in just over six months.

My blogging low of the month was not getting quite as many posts up as I had planned for. I only got 6 posts up for the month of July although I was really aiming for a minimum of 8. I had all of these great posts planned out {including my first outfit post} yet with work I had trouble executing them all in a timely manner. Hopefully this month with a little bit more planning ahead I will be able to reach that goal for the month of August!

This month I didn't set quite as many goals as I did in August because I wanted to focus on excelling in a smaller number of tasks as opposed to overwhelming myself. I've come to realize that when I am trying to accomplish too many tasks I become overwhelmed and don't know where to begin.

August Goals
Instagram: Reach 200 followers
Twitter: Reach 260 followers
Facebook: Reach 110 likes
Pinterest: Reach 220 followers
Reach 3,600 pins on Pinterest
Page Views {for the month} 520
Post twice a week to the blog
Practice taking more flat lays



Don't forget to check out some of the other lovely ladies who are a part of this collab!


10 comments:

  1. Good luck reaching all your follower goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did totally awesome on your goals last month!! Great high!! Don't stress out too much about the lows. There is so much work that goes into creating a post that sometimes, it's hard to get up the ones you did. Take it as it comes and put up quality work you can be proud of.
    Love your goals for August!! Good luck! Are you part of any facebook groups to help you grow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angela! Sometimes I get really frustrated realizing that I can't create as much content as other more established bloggers. I am a part of Blogging College and the Gal Pal Girl Gang on Facebook. Do you have any other groups you would recommend?

      Delete
  3. Congrats on meeting so many of your goals from July! I hope August turns out even better!
    You can always make up last month's lows this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvanne! That is such a great way to think of it! If you miss goals one month just work that much harder to make them up the next one!

      Delete
  4. I have faith that you'll knock your goals right out of the park like you did for July! Amazing growth!! Good luck!

    Sunny | astoldbysunny.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's so exciting to watch the numbers grow (:

      Delete
  5. Wow! Congrats on reaching all your goals for last month. It's fun watching your blog grow. I still think you did a great job on blog post even if it wasn't what you aimed for. Good luck with your goals this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rock for reaching all of your goals in July!! I look forward to seeing you reach your growth goals and watching you grow and flourish in the next month and beyond.
    XO -Christi

    ReplyDelete