Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Wishful Wednesday: Cupcakes and Cashmere


Before I started blogging I had heard of the Cupcakes and Cashmere brand once or twice. I knew they had cute clothes and that it was somehow connected to a blogger. After I began my journey into blogging I began reading up on Emily's {the creator of Cupcakes and Cashmere} blog. You could say I was pleasantly surprised when I found that the boutique I am working at this summer sells pieces from the Cupcakes and Cashmere line!

I love how all of the pieces in the collection are classic and preppy yet still very trendy. While you can find the line various places {like local boutiques!} the two easiest places to shop Cupcakes and Cashmere online are ShopBop and Nordstrom. I was very surprised to see that both website offer a different selection of merchandise! Not sure if this is on purpose or it just so happens that certain items were sold out. Either way there is such a large selection and I highly recommend checking out both sites.


ShopBop Picks



Lari Draped Vegan Leather Jacket
While I personally have never been a huge leather jacket kind of girl I think that I would LOVE this one. My problem with most leather jackets are that I don't feel feminine enough in them. That's why I love the shape of this one, it is such a unique silhouette yet is also very classic and feminine. It would look great with virtually any outfit and could be worn for years to come. 



Jakob Jacquard Blazer
This isn't something I would ever think I would like, and at first I wasn't even going to include it on this list. However once I was putting this post together I kept thinking back to this blazer. It's unlike anything i've seen and looks wonderful with the all white outfit the model is wearing. It's not something that would be worn a lot because it's so memorable, but it's still a great statement piece.



Lulu Off Shoulder Ruffle Dress
I've been loving the ruffle and off the shoulder trends that have been big this summer. While I love the look that these trends add to a shirt it's too hot in the summer and I find myself leaning towards dresses everyday. I've also noticed that the ruffles tend to be very large and overdramatic, and that's not a look that works for me on a daily basis. That's why I love this particular piece because it had all the things I want in one beautiful and feminine dress.



Elliot Stripe Dress
Stripes are such a classic pattern and i've been really loving them lately. This dress puts such a fun twist on them with the horizontal stripes in the front and vertical ones on the side. The halter neckline is also great for the warmer months but looks great under a denim jacket making this dress a great transitional piece.



Recently I picked up my first jumpsuit and I have fallen in low with how easy they are to wear. This one is such a staple piece that it can easily be worn for so many occasions. Throw on some great jewelry and heels for a night out or dress it down with sandals and a denim jacket. I've been loving the halter neckline and it helps break this outfit up by showing some shoulder. 


Nordstrom Picks



Zeus Swing Dress
A white swing dress with tassel details? Yes please! The swing dress is such a comfortable and flattering style {I love it because I can eat as much as I want and nobody can tell!}. The embroidery and tassels in the back are great because they help make this dress on trend with everything that we have been seeing this summer.



Sara Long Vest
I've been seeing these sleeveless vests all over the place and am loving the look they give off, it is so chic. This one is the perfect piece to help add interest to an all black outfit like what is shown on the model above. Add a statement necklace and you are good to go! Once it gets a little colder out you could even wear it over a long sleeve shirt or turtleneck for a different look.



Cameron Mosaic Print Romper
Rompers have been everywhere for the past few months because they are the perfect summer staple. I haven't been able to find the perfect one yet {#picky} but the cutout detail in the back of this one has me in love. It's a great neutral pattern that will easily transition into fall, something that can be hard to do with all f the bright floral ones that are on the market.



Eleni Stripe Off the Shoulder Top
Lie I said earlier, I have really been loving the stripes! The off the shoulder trend is a major one this summer and I love the silhouette on this particular piece. It's a great semi-casual top that can be dressed up a little bit or worn in a super casual way. This would look adorable with white skinnies and some metallic slides.


As soon as the first sign of fall hits I live in nothing but cozy knit sweater and cardigans. My favorite ones are all gray so this one would fit into my closet perfectly! The cute pattern helps dress this sweater up and would make it look like I put some effort into my outfit even on lazy days. Pair this with jeggings and riding boots to get the perfect comfy outfit for a busy day of classes.



What is your favorite piece from the Cupcakes & Cashmere line?









No comments:

Post a Comment