Monday, April 4, 2016

Dealing with Stress

Lately i've been so overwhelmed with everything going on around me, which is sadly the reason why I haven't been posting as frequently as I would like. This past week alone I had four exams {three of which were accounting}, a presentation, it was the beginning of the cross country preseason, I put a deposit down on an apartment, and my email has been blowing up more than usual. While individually those things aren't too bad, when they're all happening simultaneously it can be really stressful. That brings me to today's post, some tips for how I deal with stress.




1. Read A Book
Whenever things get overwhelming I like to take a step back. A great way to do this is by reading a chapter or two of a great book. It helps distract you and allows you to forget about the things that were stressing you out. After reading for a little I feel so relaxed and ready to conquer my tasks for the day!

2. Go For A Run/Walk
Getting outside can make such a difference in your entire attitude. If i'm overwhelmed to the point where I feel frustrated I either go for a quick run, head to the gym, or even just take a quick walk around campus. This simple activity helps get the blood flowing and allows me to take some deep breaths to refocus.

3. Watch An Episode On Netflix
This is probably the method I use most often! I love watching tv shows on Netflix, and if i'm spending hours working on a huge project or paper, i'll take a break every so often and watch an episode of a quick show on Netflix {my go to right now is New Girl, it's so funny!}.

4. Take A Coloring Break
For Christmas this year I got some coloring books for adults, and I have to say it is amazing how great I feel after I spend a half hour or so coloring! I had heard that this was an activity proven to relieve stress, and it really is! Check out some of the books I love here and here.

5. Paint Your Nails
Lately i've found myself taking breaks during my homework and study sessions to paint my nails. It's perfect because by the time they dry I am ready to get back to work! 




No comments:

Post a Comment