Tuesday, October 18, 2016

My Everyday Brow Routine

I was recently introduced to this article on Into the Gloss about how to fill in your brows. Over the past year it seems like brows have become such an important part of everyone makeup routine. I know that I personally love filling in my eyebrows because I feel like doing so really helps frame my face. On minimal makeup days I typically apply bronzer, mascara, fill in my eyebrows and then i'm done!

Today I thought it might be fun to share with you my own eyebrow routine. It's quite simple and I use a lot of drugstore products so I am excited to show you what I do to get my brows ready for the day.

My collection of brow products has grown quite a bit over the year. While i've gone through multiple brow pencils the one that I am using {and loving} at the moment is the ELF pencil. It's a great color match and the pencil is creamy enough that it is easy to use. I've also been loving the ELF eyebrow kit for quite some time {you can see through the packaging that i've made quite a dent in it}. To set my brows i'll either use the clear NYX Control Freak gel or the Essence Make Me Brow. I just recently picked up the Essence gel and am hoping it is a good dupe for the Benefit Gimme Brow.

Step 1: Brush The Brows
The first step I always do is to brush my brows. Doing this helps get all of the hairs in the right place and makes sure that I have the right shape to start filling everything in.


Step 2: Fill Your Brows In
Next I fill everything in! I alternate between using a pencil and using a wax. Lately i've been leaning towards the pencil because I think it gives me a bit more of a natural look. I start towards the middle of my brow and do the tail end first. This is where I apply the product the darkest, as I move towards the head of the brow I make my strokes lighter to give things a natural look. I've noticed that applying too much pressure at the head of the brow makes things look a little harsh for my everyday look.


Step 3: Set Your Brows With A Gel
Once I get everything looking the way I want it too I brush through the brows one last time to help blend and soften the color. Then I choose my brow gel for the day and use a few upward strokes to help set everything in place.



While I am not highly skilled at makeup by any means I feel like I have found a brow routine that works well for me. It took a lot of trial and error to get where I am but I find myself pleased with the end results.



What are your tips for doing your brows?

2 comments:

  1. I love my brow brush! Thanks for sharing this.

    Jenna | Laugh-Often.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I honestly don't know what I would do without my brow brush!

      Delete