Saturday, May 7, 2016

Manus x Machina: Who Did It Best

The first Monday of May is one of the most exciting nights in fashion, the Met Gala. While I know this post is a little overdue, I still wanted to share some of my favorite (and not...) looks from the night. This years exhibit was "Manus x Machina: Fashion In An Age of Technology" which had the red carpet filled with futuristic looks featuring lots of metallics and sequins.



Photo: Getty Images

Gigi Hadid in Tommy Hilfiger- I feel like Gigi was able to capture the essence of the exhibit while still looking chic. The metal on the bodice ties into the futuristic look while the sheer overlay and muted color help keep the look from going over the top. Also, can we admire that neckline!





Photo: Getty Images

Naomi Campbell in Roberto Cavalli Couture- Cutouts were heavily seen on the red carpet at this event, and Naomi was able to pull it off effortlessly. While this normally could seem like a lot of skin to be showing, I think the dark colors of the dress help make it seem less daring. The intricate beading is stunning and I love the silhouette on her.





Photo: Getty Images

Nina Dobrev in Marchesa- While Nina did not go for a futuristic look I still think everything about this dress is amazing. She looks so elegant and the detailing on this dress is stunning.





While there were many looks that looked great on the red carpet, there were a few that left me wondering why. The standout one for me was Kanye West wearing Fear of God. I don't know what shocked me more with this outfit, the crystal denim jacket or the ripped jeans on the red carpet. While I understand wanting to make a statement, I don't think this made the right one! Not to mention there is sparkle overload when he stand next to Kim in that Balmain dress...

Photo: FilmMagic



What looks did you love from the red carpet?

No comments:

Post a Comment